Our driver safety training courses can be delivered in the UK or at your project site or office location worldwide.
The course covers:
- Driver assessment
- Vehicle selection
- Vehicle safety checks, for each time the vehicle is used as well as daily, weekly checks and maintenance
- Vehicle preparation and outfitting
- Basic maintenance and field mechanics
including using a variety of jacks and changing tyres
- Driving theory - driving a 4x4, introduction to hi & low range, vehicle recovery theory, winching, convoy procedures
- Loading vehicles
- Driving in mud, sand, ruts, ice, tracks
- driving up, down and across slopes
- driving practicals, techniques and assessment
- Dealing with crashes
Our UK venue is located outside Guildford, just fifteen minutes from the M25. Our off-road courses take in over 10 miles of truly amazing off-road territory in several distinct zones - from the first mud and water sections all the way through to the thick mud and sand routes that will test even the most experienced driver. It's the perfect location for getting the most out of your vehicle.
Starting with a comprehensive introduction and demonstration over simple obstacles, your instructor will build your confidence and assess your skills to find an appropriate level on which to begin with your driving experience. Then it's up to you!
For beginners looking to develop confidence and competence to experienced drivers wanting to take their skills to the next level our 4x4 courses are an effective solution.
If you are travelling overseas and would like a bespoke mechanical or vehicle recovery course, please Contact us for further information.
Our instructors are highly experienced 4x4 and recovery experts with many years experience in training the Military, Special Forces and Police service as well as overseas expedition companies.